The Looshaus in Vienna (also known as the Goldman & Salatsch Building) is regarded as one of the most important structures built in the Wiener Moderne. The building marks the rejection of historicism, as well as the ornaments used by the Wiener Secession. Adolf Loos received the assignment in 1909, and the building was finished in 1910. Upon opening, its appearance shocked Vienna's citizens, since their overall taste was still very much historically oriented. Because of the lack of ornaments on the fašade, people called it the 'house without eyebrows'.