The monumental building of the Museum of Eastern Bohemia on the Hradec Králové's riverbank was realised according to the design by architect Jan Kotera in 1912. It became the symbol of the oncoming period of Czech Modernism. Major Czech artists such as the sculptor Vojtech Sucharda, painters Frantisek Kysela and Jan Preisler participated in the decoration of the museum.
For its undoubted architectonic and artistic qualities, the museum was designated a listed building - the only one in Hradec Králové. Two models of Hradec Králové may be of particular interest to the visitors of the museum.