Maison du Peuple
In 1935, the Maison du Peuple in Clichy meets an architectural complex with multiple functions: market, local union offices, conference room and theater. The building was built by Marcel Lods, Eugène Beaudouin, Jean Prouvé and Vladimir Bodiansky. The innovation of its construction, with a steel frame and curtain wall panels prefabricated, combined with the versatility of spaces through the mechanisms of floor, wall and roofing services is until today a great inspiration to architects. The building is classified in 1993. Since then, restore operations are implemented under a phasing classic of the outer casing, to ensure the removal of water from the building in the interior space. The restoration of moving parts, the main objective of the restoration is only partially accomplished. The return of the removable floor, still under study, complete the complete renaissance of this machine with many architectural uses.