The Ludwig Museum, National Philharmonic Hall and Festival Theatre have been put under one roof in Budapest, giving each institute a distinct identity. The Ludwig Museum consists of three floors, two for the permanent collection and one for temporary exhibitions. The rooms are orthogonal, all walls are plastered in off-white and the floor is of light-coloured marble and laminate. The Philharmonic Hall, which can accommodate 1900 people, has the proportions of a shoebox and is twice as long as it is wide. This rigid volume is softened by curved balconies clad with Canadian maple. Compared with the imposing concert hall, the 450-seat Festival Theatre has a much more intimate atmosphere. Its walls are clad with dark stained walnut and the ceiling with European redwood. The excellent cooperation between different disciplines inside the complex is not mirrored by an equally good cooperation at urban planning level outside. Paths do not connect up and there is no unity of materials.